
This is a view from the airplane. Timbuctu is right on the edge of the Sahara.

The building says "Welcome to Timbuctu". A small heard of sheep decided to walk by as I was taking the picture.

This is one of three mosques that we saw. It is made out of mud. When it rains, everyone is expected to go to the mosque to help patch up any holes forming in the walls. (I have no idea how often it rains here!)


We are at the restaurant with our tour guide. The pink curtain is the door to the restaurant. Surprisingly, the floor of the restaurant was concrete. This is unique because the floors inside of the people's homes were sand. All but one of the roads were sand.

An oven.

I don't have a comment for this one...
Nice blog. See ours: www.bfabatemans@blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteWe're enjoying your niece very much, the others as well, but she steals the show.
Bill
hey guys very cool pictures. I really miss you guys very much.
ReplyDeletejackie